- New Dinnerware for Spring
- Set a Memorable Dining Ambiance through Stylish Glassware for Everyday Dining
- Should Your Weight Loss Plan Include Coffee and Tea?
- The Science-Backed Benefits of Tea
- Preparing and Enjoying Coffee- What’s the Best Approach?
- Jasmine Monkey King Tea
- Why Your Pottery is So Special
- Chai Tea
- Four Lifestyle Choices Americans Can Steal from Europeans
- Gift Ideas to Help With Holiday Shopping
Posted by Ann Marie on 12/4/2013 to European Gifts
If you decide that your primary interest is in England's rich cultural heritage, select a gift inspired by the country's history. For example, the Burleigh line of coffee and tea pottery presents a number of options. Select delicate, white teacups, saucers and serving pottery with decorations in traditional colors, such as plum, red and deep blue. Decorations themselves are often patterns of calico, florals and even pheasant designs.
If you want to choose a gift that is more representative of the country and where it is today, look for a more whimsical, modern type of gift. For example, the Emma Bridgewater line of pottery is full of bold, modern designs. Consider a set of mugs emblazoned around the rim with the word "coffee" or a set of teacups similarly decorated by the word "tea." Alternatively, look for serving dishes and sugar bowls that bear bright, geometric designs or even a repeating pattern of the Union Jack.
Selecting England-themed coffee and tea gifts is a matter of deciding what aspect of the country you want to represent. If you are simply unable to decide or treasure it all equally, consider buying coffee or tea itself from an authentic British brand, such as PG Tips or Yorkshire Gold.